Year-round Tax Clinic

FCC provides a year-round tax clinic service, providing services that include prior and current year tax returns for those that are unable to prepare income tax and benefit tax returns.

This service is only available every Tuesday from 9:30am to 4:30pm by appointment only. Contact us to learn more!

We also provide this service online as well!

Services are extended to:

  • Seniors
  • Students
  • Immigrants
  • Low Income
  • individuals/families
  • Social support recipients

Unfortunately due to the nature of our funding and program, we are unable to extend our tax service to the following individuals for free:

  • Have self-employed income
  • Have a business or rental income and expenses
  • Have capital gains or losses
  • Have employment expenses
  • File for bankruptcy
  • Deceased in the year
Eligibility Criteria:

To be eligible, individuals must have a modest income and a simple tax situation.

Simple Tax Situation

In general, a tax situation is simple if an individual has no income or if their income comes from these sources:

  • Employment
  • Pension
  • Benefits, such as Canada Pension Plan, Old age Security, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
  • Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
  • Support Payments
  • Scholarships, Fellowships, Bursaries, or Grants
  • Interest (Under $1,000)

Modest Income

Use the income levels shown in the following table to determine if the individual is eligible for our tax clinic.

Family Size Total Family Income
1 Person $35,000
2 Persons $45,000
3 Persons $45,000
4 Persons $50,000
5 Persons $52,500
More than 5 Persons $52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person

All taxpayers should have a family income of $30,000 or less. Another $2,500 should be added to each additional dependent. The interest income should not exceed $1,000 for any case.

Please Bring:
  • Two pieces of ID, at least one photo ID
  • Bank information for direct deposit
  • Rental receipt/property tax receipt/tax year lease agreement
  • Transit passes i.e. TTC
  • Receipts for donations, child care, children arts, etc.
  • Tax slips (T4, T4A, T4E, T4OAS, T4OAP, T5007, RC62, etc.)
  • Last year’s notice of assessment
  • Students must bring T2202A for current tax year

Translate »